Sunday, November 16, 2008

Buying a House?

The move to upstate NY is slowly progressing. After a lot of soul searching, finally made an offer on a house this afternoon. Funny that when you have no emotional attachment to something either getting an acceptance or counter-offer doesn't really matter. The floor plan that I loved was in a house that would take all my extra $$ just to fix up. Too bad that I did not feel comfortable to ask a friend to help remodel it --- would be like a real HGTV show and I think the final results would be so satisfying! So I placed the offer on a house that did not need too much work and that had a good/great? location. I did not even include the great floor plan house in my questions about how the neighborhood would be. My "next houses to see list" is prepared and I'll continue looking if the offer is not accepted by Tuesday at 5 pm. Wish me luck -- either way it goes AND if you are reading this and wanted to help remodel a house, let me know!!

No comments: