Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"First" Day of Winter - Still Looking at Houses

Yesterday was the first day of snow for 2008; snow flurries from early morning thru the night. Of course with the temperatures, there is no accumulation except in the shade. Realizing winter is basically here has made me go back to see the two houses that are still on my list. (Looking at houses has been an on-going thing most of the fall but in mid-October started ramping up the effort.) One of them has lots of entrances/exits to the neighborhood but the other one really only has one access road. (Okay a second access road but it adds almost 40 minutes.) A few more houses to look at today!

When I walked in the second place, I just wanted to curl up in front of the fire. I could see myself in the dual-headed shower looking out at the woods. The single access to the main roads is a concern. Small kitchen. Above ground pool. Beautiful 4 acres of woods with a creek on the far side. Guess I need to see the houses today! One of them, at least in the photos, was gorgeous but it is high on a hill and may be a problem in winter with snow.

With the economy, sometimes I wonder if I should be buying now or not. However, I also feel that part of the issue with the economy is that people, in general, have lost the positive feelings about life and the world. Rather than focusing on everything that is good, they focus on what is bad. People do not feel they can do anything! I guess my philosophy is to live in the moment even as I save/plan for the future. And then again, I feel that there will be a sign when I find the right place and "I will just know" that it is okay to buy.

No comments: