Sunday, September 21, 2008

Pinnacle State Park


This weekend's hiking location was Pinnacle State Park located near Addison, NY. Same location as last weekend's location which was canceled due to weather. Since I was hiking alone, I did not take the longest route but next to the longest path; red trail rather than orange trail.

The scenery was nice, very different than the views at Taughannock. At the beginning (top) of the trail, you looked out at the valley. There were many beautiful fields of flowers. They brought back good memories of picnics.

I have noticed both here and at Taughannock Falls, the squirrels and chipmonks have very bushy tails -- based on folklore, this means we are in for a very snowy and very cold winter. Guess sometime in the next two weeks, I'll make sure I have good clothes for cold weather as well as finding what I will wear to the wedding.

All in all another place that I will go again. Next time, I will wait until the leaves have changed, bring a blanket, and if alone - a book.

No comments: